Academics In Richmondd Global School New Delhi
The Richmondd Global School is committed to provide a completely balanced environment focused on shaping its students into the leaders of tomorrow. It is a school of diverse student body with a global faculty and an international curriculum. The Australian based education pattern followed at Richmondd Global School is the only international curriculum that effectively meets the challenges of globalization. Driven by project based learning and implementation, it encourages its students to be creative, imaginative and expressive where they learn from their own experiences.
KEY FRAMEWORKS FOR HIGH PERFORMANCEFour Key Frameworks for High Performance
Cambridge Education Programme In Delhi School
CAMBRIDGE EDUCATION PROGRAMME
University of Cambridge, UK, an 800 year old Research based University of England, is the World's Premier University. It has
been ranked at 1st Position in various global surveys year after year. It is a great honour for Richmondd Global School to be
affiliated with this prestigious institution. We are the 1st School in North and West Delhi and the 3rd School in the entire Delhi
to earn this distinction.
Richmondd Global School is a part of the global network of Cambridge Schools offering Cambridge Education Programmes under Cambridge International Examinations, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom (U.K.). The school is following Cambridge Primary Curriculum and Secondary-1 Curriculum.
RGS follows Cambridge Education Programmes and Qualifications that have a proven reputation to prepare students for life by helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. These programmes and qualifications set the global standard for international education and are recognised by the world’s best universities and employers, thus giving students a wide range of options in their education and career. They are created by subject experts, rooted in academic precision and reflect the latest educational research. They provide a strong platform for learners to progress from one stage to the next, and are well supported by teaching, learning and assessment resources.
RGS manages the educational needs of its students by providing internationally sensitive curriculum which prepares the students to pursue their higher studies abroad too. The Cambridge curriculum followed by our school is competitive with global trends and current pedagogical patterns. It facilitates learners to become global citizens for the future in the context of an emerging global village concept. The curriculum is learner-friendly and stress-free with skill based approach in teaching-learning process. It is an enquiry based curriculum that caters to individual learning styles and multiple intelligences in terms of learning, assessment, opportunities for research, extended learning and social empowerment.
- Curriculum: develops learners’ knowledge, understanding and skills. Our curriculum sets clear goals for learners and teachers.
- Classroom: support and guidance helps teachers and learners perform to their maximum ability. We offer world-class teacher and learner resources.
- Qualifications: provide learners with a global passport to success. We offer reliable, rigorous and flexible assessment, leading to internationally recognised qualifications.
- Community: brings Cambridge schools, teachers through the sharing of best practices and ideas.
- Smooth transition from home to school.
- Special environment & infrastructure for overall development of personality.
- Exposure to the real life situations through field trips.
- Use of variety of tools such as role play, story telling, dramatization, puppetry.
- Integrated around a central theme to make learning more meaningful and relevant.
- Smart boards to generate more interest.
Primary Academics In Delhi School
- Based on Cambridge Education Programme
- Worksheets to enhance learning skills
- Integrated and interlinked
- Visits for hands on experience
- Smart Board in every Section
- Continuous Assessment
- Projects, Presentation & Viva
- Focused on development of each skill
Secondary Academics In Delhi School
- NCERT prescribed CBSE Syllabus
- Smart Boards for each Section
- (French) Foreign language for middle section
- Learning through everyday experiences
- Continuous Assessment
- Projects & Visits
Senior Secondary Academics In Delhi School
- CBSE Syllabus
- Holistic approach for overall development
- Preparation for competitive exams
Comprehensive Cumulative Evaluation is done on the basis of:
- Formative Assessment
- Class tests
- Summative Assessment
- Semester Exams (One in each Term)
- A checklist is prepared at the end of each term to verify the child’s conceptual understanding.
- For promotion to the next class minimum 40% must be secured in aggregate and in every subject in the final result.
- Minimum 75% attendance is required.
- Students who excel in studies, co-curricular activities or games are awarded trophies/prizes for excellence in the respective activity. Below are some of our school policies. Also shown is a full comprehensive list of the policies we have in school.
The assessment policy provides the feedback to children so that they can make progress in their learning. The policy enables teachers and students to track progress in relation to standards set by the school and national authorities (CBSE) to monitor their progress. It also helps teachers to plan their lessons and activities that will support children’s learning and enable them to make progress.
At Richmondd Global School, We firmly believe that English is a vital way of communicating verbally and in written form and the language enables children to express themselves creatively, imaginatively and effectively to others. It also encourages children to develop the powers of imagination, inventiveness and critical awareness.
Richmondd Global School recognizes that ICT is a necessary tool to help children understand and make sense of the world in which they live in. The ICT policy aims to develop ICT skills in all the children. Children are encouraged to develop lively and enquiring minds and a systematic approach to problem solving using ICT.
Richmondd Global School ensures that our teaching of mathematics gives each child the opportunity to realize their full potential in this area of curriculum. Mathematics policy aims to develop mathematical skills and knowledge using flexible methods of working orally and mentally, a systematic approach to problem solving. It also enables children to maintain and increase confidence in mathematics by providing opportunities to link maths to real life situations and express ideas fluently using mathematical language.
Performance Management Policy:
We have introduced this Performance Management Policy to encourage and support all the staff, without discrimination, to achieve their potential through agreeing objectives, undertaking development and having their performance assessed. Performance management supports a shared commitment to high standards. It provides appropriate and effective personnel training and development to ensure a high level of expertise and progression of staff in their chosen profession. The evidence is that standards rise when school and individual staff are clear about what they are expected to achieve.
Richmondd Global School provides access to reading environment, opportunities and strategies to encourage children to become enthusiastic and reflective readers. Reading at RGS develops and extends the children’s vocabulary through shared and guided reading sessions and helps children to enjoy reading.
The policy aims to develop scientific skills through first-hand experience and develop knowledge and understanding of scientific ideas, processes by relating these to everyday experiences. It also intends to help children learn ways of thinking, exploring and communicating various ideas.
Spelling is a multisensory process and a sophisticated skill that depends upon well-developed speech, auditory and visual skills along with a competent hand/eye co-ordination. We believe that children should be actively engaged in the task of learning to spell, taking an interest in words, how they sound, how they are made and the patterns within them. Teaching should include oral work, practical work and written tasks to increase the competence and confidence of children in the written use of language by knowing the spelling of a wide range of words.
The school sees writing as an integral part of the curriculum, forming a strong foundation for learning as a valuable, enjoyable life-long skill. Children are encouraged to write creatively and imaginatively for various purpose and audience. Children learn the conventions of written language and grammar.
Positive Behaviour Policy:
Richmondd Global School aims to provide a happy, safe and secure environment to develop high standards of behaviour, self-esteem and growing independence. All children are encouraged to respect the feelings, needs and opinion of others and to develop positive attitude towards everyone in school. RGS ensures that staff and children treat each other and visitors to the school with respect, consideration and tolerance.