Education holds a key role in shaping a child’s future. Education acquired in childhood moulds a child into a sane individual, making them disciplined, confident, and independent. Prep education relates to the start of an early learning stage (pre-primary stage). Pre-Primary education is provided in India for children between 3-6 years by kindergarten and playschools. Majority of the parents have gained awareness about the importance of prep education for kids.
Prep education lays the foundation for kids’ success at school through the development of:
• Knowledge, understanding, and skills as per the prep school curriculum
• Basic learning skills in elementary subjects like English, Mathematics, Science, and History
• Learningbased on a positive approach
• Confidence and independence to handle learning situations
• Creative and problem-solving skills
• Physical capabilities like gross and fine motor skills
• Language skills
• Early learning and numerical skills
Under Prep education, teachers provide the initial learning support with interactive sessions and roles plays like real life scenarios. Different learning techniques are applied for easy understanding of basic concepts that a child’s mind can grasp and absorb. Prep education helps kids to develop key life skills like communicating with other kids or working collectively as a team.
When children begin their prep education, they learn to shift to a more structured kind of learning atmosphere where they continue to learn in a playful manner. This play mode of learning helps a child among other things to:
• Make their own decisions
• Work towards problem-solving
• Inculcate rationalthinking
• Work as a team
• Learn to effectively communicate
• Develop confidence
• Develop a positive sense of identity for themselves
• Make friends
• Be disciplined
The learning approach under prep education varies between schools. Common play techniques applied under prep education help children to learn:
• Manipulative learning like working on puzzles,constructions, making garlands
• Rule games like playing board games, card games, outdoor games which have rules like football
• Exploratory teaching through the use of blocks for definingshape, height, number, and so on
• Fantasy/storytelling like making imaginary props for adventure to a fantasy land
• Physical play techniques like obstacle courses, climbing, running.
• Other activities include drawing, reading, writing, music, painting, and so on
Kindergarten/pre-primary school programs thus have a great role to play in shaping a child’s early learning before they attend school. These programs help children to developbasic life skills, knowledge, and understanding of their surroundings, making them more confident to experience their academic journey.
Prep education schools in India have various classes including Pre-Nursery, Nursery, KG, LKG (Lower Kindergarten), and UKG (Upper Kindergarten).Pre-primary education in India is mainly conducted by private schools. Selecting a school is a key decision responsibly taken by parents.Compare the facilities offered by different schools like school infrastructure, school hours, resources available, extracurricular activities, teaching methods, classroom atmosphere, and the like.
Richmondd Global School (RGS) is one such school in Paschim Vihar, New Delhi that offers the best facilities to study from Nursey to Grade 12. It is one of the most prestigious and fastest-growing contemporary global schools in the country. Richmondd Global School is an acknowledged K-12 co-educational school, inculcating Primary Curriculum and Secondary-1 Curriculum by the Cambridge International Examinations (Cambridge University, UK). Students from the Secondary and Senior Secondary levels, get the option to choose between the Cambridge Curriculum and CBSE Curriculum. RGS is striving to build a community of dynamic individuals in life and be responsible citizens of the world.